Job Placement Assistance and Success
At PDI, we’re proud that our graduates often have to choose from more than one job offer, decide where they want to work, and what type of driving best fits their lifestyle and salary needs. And we keep building on this history of success, with over 5,000 graduates obtaining their CDL through PDI.
How PDI Helps Start Your Truck Driving Career
PDI assists graduates to find great jobs in a variety of ways.
- Stay in constant contact with employers to ensure we are providing exactly the kinds of comprehensive training they demand
- Utilize the pre-hire system of multiple major motor carriers
- Provide career counseling to aid you in understanding your options - long haul, short haul, route, and construction
- Promote company recruiter visits
- Participate in various area job fairs
- Maintain job applications with all major trucking firms
Trucking Carriers We Work With
A partial list of just some of the carriers and companies we work closely with to help our graduates begin their driving careers –
|DOT Foods||Stevens Transport|
|USA Truck||ARG/ Wadhams|
|May Trucking||A. Duie PYLE|
|J.B Hunt||Emerson Express|
The Current Trucking Career Outlook
Even when the economy is not booming, skilled drivers are in high demand.
- Continuous high demand
Even when the economy is not booming, trucking is a career that flourishes. Current needs are for 500,000 drivers nationwide.
- Ongoing job security
Trucks deliver food, oil and gas, clothing, building materials, mail, cars - just about everything we need and use so job security is “built in.”
- Excellent pay and benefits
Commercial truck drivers usually earn over $45,000 their first year, and experienced drivers can make $90,000 a year and more! Plus most firms offer health insurance benefits for drivers and their families, paid vacations and holidays, retirement plans, and other benefits.
- Reimbursement for education/training
Many trucking companies reimburse driving school tuition expenses for new hires.
- Choice and independence
Choose from local, regional and over-the-road driving jobs. Whether you’re behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler or a straight truck, it’s a job where you are proud and in charge.
Current Local Opportunities - Updated July 23, 2021
- Key Logistics - 2yrs experience required. Local & Regional runs available.
- Sea Breeze Paving- No Exp. required. Seasonal. $20+/hr to start.
- Metalico- Full-time CDL B driver
- TransForce- Full-time CDL B driver
- Panther Premium Logistics- Full-Time CDL B driver
- AirGas- $21/hr to start for CDL B (will need to be able to obtain Hazmat endorsement)
- Riccelli Trucking- Full Time CDL B driver
- McCollisters- CDL B driver (prefer a bit of experience)
- Bartlett Dairy- CDL A route driver Call (866) 704-7977 ex 330
- Beacon Building Materials- CDL B driver
- Arctic Glacier- CDL B drivers
- Clanesville Block- CDL B drivers
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing- CDL B + sign up bonus
- Stericycle- CDL B route driver
- Xpress Global Logistics- CDL B local
- Suburban Disposal: CDL A& B drivers wanted for local refuse disposal. Hiring graduates!
- XPO Logisics
- Palmer Foods Services - CDL A or B - will train drivers right out of school.
- Casella Waste Systems: CDL A & B drivers for local runs
- Penske- No touch freight. 1 year exp. Req ID: 2106548 Apply online
- B&B Trucking- 1 Year exp. Part-Time Drivers wanted. Call (877) 926-5641 or Apply Online
- ABC Supply - CDL A or B driver for local runs. Call (585) 247-8100 for details
- Pepsico- FT/Evening CDL A driver $24.92/hourly Apply Online
- EVO Transportation. CDL A 1 year exp. • Wage: $30.29 • Location: Rochester NY • Full-Time, Tues-Wed and Sat-Sun, 40+ hours • Route Travels from
- Rochester at 4:15am and runs until 3:35pm with a paid layover until 6:35am. The route will pick back up and run until 7:40pm, ending in Rochester. 844-866-3386
- Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc- CDL A $22/hr Lowes Delivery Drivers : $18-19/hr CDL A
- Mobile Air Tranport: $21.00 - $23.00/hr Fulltime 1-10:30pm Shifts, Part-Time 6:30pm-10:30pm
- Waste Management CDL A and B drivers needed. Will train right out of school.